Monday, January 25, 2010

"Dear John" Stars Stay Fit

They rolled out the red carpet, and movie stars Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum met with hundreds of screaming fans. The Dear John cast and crew came to Charleston's Terrace Hippodrome Theater for the movie's premiere. They shot parts of the movie at Folly Beach! Here's the extended movie trailer:



I caught up with Amanda (Savannah in film), up and coming Hollywood starlet, of
Mamma Mia and Mean Girls fame, to talk about her fitness secret, though it's not much of a secret! It's something I also try to do everyday, minus the part where she talks about diet. I also asked Channing (John in film), of GI Joe and Step Up, about his daily fitness routine.




Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the movie screening Sunday night. Tickets to the screening and after party at the
SC Aquarium were sold out! More than 400 tickets sold and more than $100,000 raised for the non-profit Carolina Autism. We did get to meet the stars, interview them, and go to the after party, which was a great time.

Above: Red Carpet coverage with two reporters from Summerville High School, Laura Smith and Vivien Kratzert from WAVE-TV




Left: Krista Driggers and I with Josh Cascio on the red carpet, also a local reporter covering the event.








Left: A lovely Amanda Seyfriend on the red carpet posing with co-star Channing Tatum.







Left: Amanda Seyfried and I on the red carpet before the movie screening.





If you didn't know or notice from the trailer
Dear John is by the same author as The Notebook, one of my favorite books and movies! Crews also shot parts of that movie in Charleston! I can't wait until February 5th to see this movie with friends! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for providing us with an extended video of the Dear John trailer. Not many have come across this version online! My family was from SC so it's always nice to see a blogger from SC. I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete