Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like The Tax Assessor, For Your Health

I met with Jacob Poole of Progressive Fitness of Charleston with some goals in mind (such as toning abs and thighs and of course, feeling fabulous!) But he had goals for me too. I was ready to start training and exercising, but Jacob was unlike past fitness trainers I've worked with. Instead of me getting to work, he got assessing.

As an exercise and fitness coach, Jacob's role includes more than just making sure I'm physically fit. He said his goal is to make sure I'm healthy in all aspects of life: my thoughts, breathing, water and food intake, movement, and sleep. To get started he wanted to do something called a "fitness assessment." The video below explains what that entailed and why he wanted to do it.




So like the tax assessor who determines how much you should pay in property taxes, Jacob did the fitness assessment to determine how much my body could handle physically. From there, he began work on an exercise program tailored just for me.

But my new fitness assessor (soon-to-be exercise coach) may be a little more like the tax assessor than one may think. Trust me, the exercises you saw in the video above took great strength, and will be quite "taxing" to my body as I continue the program, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment