Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today Was A Hoot[ie]!

Probably the longest work day in a long time: I met and interviewed the band Hootie and the Blowfish about their annual charity event "Homegrown Roundup" and "Homegrown Concert." I wrote seven 45 second - 1:15 second stories and five teases. I edited all the video. I reported seven live shots from the concert at Family Circle Cup Stadium (two of the reports were for our sister station in Columbia! My family in the Midlands says they watched!)

Hootie lead singer Darius Rucker talks about the annual Homegrown roundup/concert event.

I'm interviewing Rucker and guitarist Mark Bryan!

Wall of Fame!

The school bus Hootie fans filled with school supplies.

Hey Sarah Yaxis and I found each other!

I am reporting live, standing on a box to make me taller. HA!

Always fixing my hair.

Joe Girard and I, booted from our seats and now pretty much behind the stage! yikes!


The guys of Hootie and the Blowfish take the stage.

How sweet! Cliff loves Laura! and Laura... apparently loves Hootie!

A crowd of 7,800 fans strong! Sold out show.


Lots of Love! NJ

2 comments:

  1. in case i haven't told you a zillion times already, you are so darn cute!!

    love your outfit, your makeup looks good...

    are you barefoot!?!? haha this is why i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous event, cause, band and reporter!

    ReplyDelete