Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lowcountry bridal shoot!

An antebellum plantation, oak trees dripping with Spanish moss, a river and marshland - the perfect setting for Lowcountry bridal portraits! It was a fun shoot in late spring! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came to help with lighting, dress holding, touch-ups, positioning, etc. The weather was comfortable, but the mosquitos were not being nice that day.

Erin taking pictures, Suzy holding reflector, and adjusting my gown.

Suzy, who is an amazing artist, knows how to do framing! Here she is hard at work, along with the finished portrait!

Funny storylooking back, but not at the time... Elizabeth and I were getting ready in the bridal room at the plantation. She opens the garmet bag to help me with my dress, and we realize my dog Jackey... PEED ON MY DRESS! There was a huge round yellow spot on the train, about the size of a large pizza. YUCK! I was freaking out, about to hyperventilate. Everyone assured me nothing would show in the pictures and that the dry cleaner would get it out. Thanks to Patrick at Coastal Carolina Cleaners in Mt. Pleasant, the dress was perfect for my big day!
The little culprit who marked mommy's dress!
Date: April 28, 2010
Location: Boone Hall Plantation
Photographer: Erin Foushee, www.erinsagephotography.com
Makeup: Andrew Petersen, www.andrewcpetersen.com
Hair: Christine Nacarri, Tabula Rasa Salon
Dress/Veil: Jean's Bridal
Earrings: Heathcliff's, Columbia
Flowers: The Bird's Nest, Ladson









Lots of Love! NJ

1 comment:

  1. the first picture of you on the dock is unbelievably gorgeous! i don't think i have seen that one before. the pictures are gorgeous. erin is a wonderful photographer and you are a supermodel! :) xo

    ReplyDelete