Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hootie Whooooooo!??




If you're from Charleston, shame on you if you'd have to ask Hootie who? Even though they rarely perform together these days, they are possibly the most famous and successful band to come from the area! Today is the annual Hootie and the Blowfish "Homegrown Concert" at Family Circle Cup on Daniel Island. My friends DJ Joe Girard, Trista, and I have been on a quest for tickets! No we still don't have them. :( (But if I do get them I'll be joining you Laura and Cliff!)

Great news though! I'm covering the Homegrown Roundup: Back to School Basics for the news today! It's happening at Burke High School at 11am - 3pm and kids will be getting haircuts, dental exams, eye exams, backpacks, shoes, t-shirts, uniforms and basic school supplies. Then my friends, I report live from the concert at Family Circle Cup Stadium! This definitely calls for a hooooootie hoooooo!!!

Oh yea and here are some pics of me, WSAV Lowcountry reporter Holly Bounds, and Hootie band members. We met them back in 2006. Don't forget to tune in to Live 5 News this evening and check back with The NJ Report for the full story!















Lots of Love! NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment