Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy End Of Sweeps!

Since the end of the month is near, so is the end of sweeps! For those of you who don't know what "sweeps" are, it's that time in the television news business when The Nielson Company measures just how many viewers we have. My station works really hard to be the best! The ratings are taken during February, May, July, and November. (Which also means no fun vacays for me during those months! boooo)

My story this month is about a possible danger, which may be lurking right in your favorite department stores! I see them every time I shop... a simple display hook. I spoke with the family of a seven year-old Moncks corner girl scarred for life because of one of these hooks. "Hook Hazards" is airing Wed. July 28 on Live 5 News at 11pm, as well as on my Youtube channel.



On another note, here I am in front of the green screen, about to report on literacy programs at Charleston County School district -- they spend a WHOPPING $6 MILLION plus on improving the students' reading and writing skills each year! Is there any way you can help these 1st, 3rd, or 6th graders learn to read? Check out my story. Here's what it looks like on air!



Also note! I have changed the name of my blog to "The NJ Report" so stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

  1. congratulations my blog sister. can't wait for more posts! love you!

    ReplyDelete