Friday, October 1, 2010

Free art exhibit, check it out!


Who: Charleston Artists Guild

What: People's Choice Exhibit, go there to vote on your favorite!

Where: First Federal Bank, Broad Street, Charleston (white building with columns, right near Blind Tiger Restaurant/Bar)

When: Oct. 1 - Oct. 14

There are a number of fabulous artists featured in the People's Choice Exhibit! The artist with the most votes gets cash prizes and awards. I took a break from reporting news to walk around the First Federal lobby downtown, along with my photographer Gene. Here's a sneak peek!

My personal fave went to... #82! It shows a Charleston home with the window boxes and wrought iron gate. The medium is quite unique, it's watercolor batik on rice paper! Here's my vote, the ballot box was in the middle of the lobby.



Admittedly, one may say I am biased. I know the artist personally. She's like a mother to me! That's because she's my mother-in-law! Her work it amazing. You can check out her work at Suzy Shealy's Fine Art website.

Be sure to check out the exhibit, and vote for your favorite piece... or you can just vote for #82! ;)

Lots of Love! NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment